Monday, February 6, 2012

Yet Another Jelly Shoe

Okay, I admit. I have a mild obsession with jelly shoes. I can't resist. Actually, it's a "Rainy Day Bow Ballet Flat."Whatever. In my mind, it's a jelly shoe!

Also, they come in coral and black! Who wants black jelly shoes when you can have cobalt or coral?! 


Forgive me for drooling. I like the coral ones best!

Now comes the hard part. How should I style them?***

I could do jeans, skirts, or shorts, but I'm not sure.

I've done lots of jeans lately, but I don't think I've done colored denim in awhile. Thank you. Madewell, for color when I need it!


I'm feeling colorful today! And I want to colorblock. 

But because these colors don't really work...


...I have to come up with some more options. And I really need to start wearing like a J.Crew patch or something. I'm seriously obsessed. 


I like it, but I'm not sold. Next!


Getting better... But it's a smidge boring.


Never do black and white stripes with yellow pants. Or you'll look like a bumble bee. 


Cable knits...


... and open stitch...


... and lace. It's all blurring together. I need something that I'll remember! Something that makes a statement.


How about sequins? Every girl needs a little sparkle! I love it! The color is a little boring though. I need something to round out my coral/yellow scheme. I really want bubblegum pink. I told you I was feeling colorful!


I am really thinking pink today! 

Now I need a purse. The out has a lot of color and texture and a little pattern, so I'm sticking with something pretty simple. And by simple, I mean tiny and a solid color.


I love small things. And MUJI. If you love tiny tape dispensers and all-around adorable objects, you will die when you see MUJI. Anyway, I love the way the color of the purse relates to the shoes. And I know people say never to match your bag to your shoes, but what can I say? I'm such a fashion rebel! Actually, Lucky Magazine said it was back, but I'm actually pretty skeptical. I don't really like matchy things. But I'm the stylist here, not the wearor (for lack of a better word. Actually, wearor isn't a word). If I was wearing it, I'd go with something in the coral/orange/pink family. This is, but it's a little too close for comfort. I might even go with a plain and simple leather purse. 

***I read Secrets of Stylists and I'm smitten with the idea of being a stylist. saying "How should I style them" Is one of those Wow-I-can't-believe-I-just-said-that-I'm-so-happy sentences. My blog is my way of being a stylist, but without the dirty work! Even though one day, I do want to do the coffee runs and arrange about 5,000 designer clutches in alphabetical order. Yes, I have different career dreams than most girls my age.

So that concludes so J.Crew fest! Like I mentioned earlier, tomorrow includes exactly 0% J.Crew. Which means it will probably be all American Eagle. I need to branch out! Every item will be from a different store. How's that for ambitious? ;) Happy International Month of Shoes!!!

P.S. Loving the new blog design? It was inspired by a cherry popsicle!


No comments:

Post a Comment