Monday, February 20, 2012

The Print Paradise

Good morning! It's International Month of Shoes, and I hope you're all excited because I know I am!

Today I wanted to continue with my thoughts on simple, easy-to-recreate fashion. And what better way to start out a "complicated" ensemble than with classic white boat shoes.


Yesterday, I talked about simplicity and how easy it is to look put-together and fashionable. I also used print mixing as an example of "complicated" fashion. But really, it's not too hard. Some print mixing is crazy and makes my head spin, but it can be so simple. The easiest way to do it is to use stripes or polka dots with florals or something bold.

Florals are my first print. And I want a simple, easy floral.


And because it's Presidents Day, I'm going to incorporate a classic: stripes. 

At first, I don't know why, but I really really really wanted yellow and white stripes a la Jane Fonda.


But, I realized that it wasn't quite right.  And if it's on the internet, it needs to be right. Before I came to this realization, I was piddling around the interweb. And I looked at Rag & Bone. Ahhhhhhhhhh. And I stumbled upon this. Ahhhhhhhh. (You can interpret that any way you want to. Ahhhhhhh.)


Ahhhhhh. It's crocheted!!! I don't know how they could possibly make that but it is magnificent. And it's blue. 





Add a mint or sky scarf... (mint is big for spring. It's weird how I know all the trends, but I rarely ever actually try them. Except colorblocking which is did accidentally the entire year before. I've always been a little random with color.)

...a huge tote... and viola! An outfit. I didn't exactly show you how to mix prints, but I accidentally demonstrated getting dressed in the morning. It's a process. You think you want one thing, but really, another thing is better. 

And I have no idea how this outfit came to be. I don't know what happened. But it's right. That doesn't mean I would wear it to school (partly because I wear a uniform). But I need to change the skirt. I like this one...


...a lot. Sometimes, you need ruffles and scarves and boat shoes and a crocheted shirt from Rag & Bone. Sometimes you just need to be right. And yes, you can quote me on that. 

Have the best IMOS you've ever had. Ever in your life. 

Oh, and happy Presidents Day!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment