Saturday, February 18, 2012

Accidental Trends I Used

Hello, my people! Happy IMOS! Today I looked at the Nordstrom catalog for February and I saw happy things. And I saw some shoes I loved (of course), but naturally, I couldn't find them. But Nordstrom introduced me to Vince Camuto. I found some shoes that I loved. If you are surprised, you don't know me.



Everyone says neon is huge for spring this year. Teenagers have worn neon for at least a year. If adults would pay more attention to us, they would have recognized the fabulousness of neon brights! And I love neon accessories. 

And I also read that printed pants are in style. I've always loved them, but I wasn't sure how to wear them, so I remain printed-pants-less. But I'm going to prove myself wrong. 


I'm on a roll today: mint green, printed jeans, neon shoes... I didn't even realize it! And I think the simple two color print is easiest to work with. Meaning I could wear pink, blue, purple, orange, yellow, anything with green and white. But I strongly discourage red. 

And because I want to keep the ball rolling, I want a texture. I want ruffles, pintuck, pleats, anything.


Now I can add sheer to the list of trends I accidentally used in this outfit! 

And it needs something. Something like this.


Go ahead. Add it to the list of trends I used: light denim shirts. I would wear it open as a jacket to show off the cool neckline of the sheer shirt.

Now I need a neon "echo" for the shoes. IMO, the best place for an echo is the purse. I think yellow suits my trendy ensemble perfectly.


Add a day clutch. Actually, I'm fairly sure it's a day clutch because of the color, but the style looks more evening. Oh well, it's my blog therefore it's a day clutch. 

TTFN (ta ta for now)! I'll be back tomorrow with more and more and more and more itemmmmms. And I have a list 55 miles long of shoes I love. I might extend IMOs!

No comments:

Post a Comment