Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Down by the Homestead

Hey, Birdies! Happy IMOS (International Month of Shoes)! And happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!

I have some depressing news. It didn't snow today. Well, it snowed, but not at my house. It snowed at my friends's houses, but not mine. And that is why I'm sad today.

So today, I wanted something to replace the snow. Something light and fluffy and airy. And I was thinking that the perfect compliment to sheer and girly, was rustic and cozy.


Old Gringo makes the coolest boots ever. I love them! The designs are amazing! And... they will work perfectly with the pure frilly, girliness I have planned for today. 

And here it is!


I love polka dots. I love sheer. I love floaty things. And I love blue. In other words, I love this dress. With cowboy boots, you need something light and ethereal. Obviously, there are other ways to wear cowboy boots, but this is the look I'm going for. 

It also comes in white!


And I'll throw in some more possibilities for good measure.



With neutral boots, you can pull off a whole spectrum of brights. In this case, tangerine works brilliantly. And according to this post, tangerine is big for spring. I am ecstatic. I love brights and bolds. I love every single color on that post. I love the brights (coral, citron yellow, kelly green) and the not-as-bright (pastels such as mint green). I'm kind of a fashion chameleon. Some days I want bright, colorful patterns and prints, and some days, I want to look ethereal like a Free People model. I have so many "looks" I admire, I could wear a different one every day for the rest of my life with no problems. Well, probably no problems. No promises. 


I love the sheer panels! Lucky says sheer is huge for spring, and I'm so excited! 


Every girl needs ruffles! 

I'm loving it. But it needs a purse. I think a cross body would do the trick. In leather/tan suede or a more vibrant hue. 

But I went neutral!


How fabulous is this?! I love Kate Spade!

And that concludes my western 1 part saga. Do you guys ever wear cowboy boots as fashion statements? Or are they strictly for the ranch? 


No comments:

Post a Comment