Friday, February 3, 2012

And that Concludes my High Tops Segment...

Wow, Birdy. Two whole posts! Well, it's not as easy to style high as you might think.

Happy third day of IMOS! And my shoe of the day is...


Minnetonka Moccasins! I have some and lurve them! These aren't the exact ones, but they're pretty darn close. I've seen a lot of moccasins lately, and personally, Minnetonka are my faves. They seem authentic. 

Now for the outfit... I've never been really into flares or trousers or wide leg styles in jeans... but one day, I went to AE and bought some (begged my mom for them). Then I had a problem: What shoes should I wear? I know everyone loves wedges with flares, but I couldn't do it. I may be a dancer, but that doesn't mean I'm graceful when I comes to heels. I wobble and wibble and eventually fall. I always laugh (quietly and politely) at girls who wear heels before they're ready. 

So that's when I tried moccasins. Love em! They may not "elongate my legs," but the jeans are really casual, so it wasn't completely necessary. So, without further ado...


They are so crazy comfy! I can't even describe how comfortable they are! And I bought a "short" size so I wouldn't trip. So far it's worked. 

And the shirt. It's still pretty brisk, so I'm feeling cozy knits in spring colors. But, you never know.  I haven't found it yet, so it could be a sequin tank top with feathers (it won't).


Thank you, J. Crew, for actually having what I envisioned! Actually, kind of. Originally, I was hoping for Madewell polka dots, a la Kate Bosworth...


But, it's an old (ish- fall, I think) sweater in not-so-spring-y colors.

Also, I know that Solange Knowles love J.Crew knits. If it's good enough for someone related to Beyonce, it's good enough for me!

But that's not all. I have more options! Yay for the internet!




{All from J.Crew}

How's that for eye candy? I crave color. 

The first two are probably best with the shoes and jeans, but sometimes, I can't resist. :)

Happy third day of IMOS!




No comments:

Post a Comment