Friday, February 10, 2012

Flower Girl

Hello, Birdies! Happy Friday, but most importantly, happy IMOS (International Month of Shoes)!!!

Today is sunny and clear and brisk. In other words, absolutely perfect! That inspired me to choose a shoe that looked somewhat natural, but still colorful and cheery. I wanted something that said "summer." Even though it's February. Whoops. It's summer everyday in Birdy's house!


I can smell the flowers. I love the muted violet with the espadrille! The flower is just the icing on the cake. I think these are novelty shoes. That requires novelty shorts. And I'm not above shorts with wedges. *winkwink*


And my love of polka dots continues. These are chambray, polka dotted, and J.Crew. What can I say? A girl wants what a girl wants!

For the shirt, I want something pastel and maybe floral.


Wow. That very little effort. I mean like I decided to Anthro first, and clicked some buttons and there it was. Thats a lot quicker than usual. I have a list of shoes I want to do, stores I should check, and outfit inspiration a mile long. When I know what I want, I usually check the store that has similar things or a certain style that I need. Anthropology has a lighter color palette and an ethereal feel.

And let's assume it gets chilly.


Wow. This isn't too hard. And look at the detail on the back!

Or you could get cozy in cable knits.


Or you could go in a different direction and do an open knit pullover!


And of course, you are stylish, so you're wearing a bright cami underneath, of course!


So that was my easy Friday outfit! Now I need to write Saturday's post because I don't have time to write it Friday (today's Thursday) and I got a little behind! Happy IMOS!


No comments:

Post a Comment