Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hello Again!

Hello my fine friends! It's been awhile! And I know I won't post everyday until late May, but I'll try my best!

This week I want to talk about designers and style. My style is so not ethereal or romantic, but I absolutely adore that look. It's just beyond major. Excuse the Rachel Zoe dialogue. 

So the first ethereal designer that popped into my head was Alberta Ferretti. 

Oh, and before I explain in detail, you should all know that I don't like fall runway shows. I think it's nice, but so much of it is black. I love spring collections. So most of these clothes are from this Spring/Summer season. But of course, some is fall. 

Anyway, Alberta Ferretti is just so feminine... observe:

This spring, she has her white...


She has her bright... (which I am loving by the way)


And she has her wild child prints.



I have to say, I'm impressed. Not that that's unusual! Even though the colors and prints are a little bolder, look at the shape, texture, and floatiness that just well, float.

So in a Ferretti-inspired outfit, choose flowy and floaty shapes in bolder colors and prints. 



Oh yeah! Mixing prints is so fun! These were actually so easy! Just take one color, add a white pattern, and wear them together for a totally fun look! 

For shoes, I think some strappy black heels are the obvious choice because my three favorite Ferretti looks all have them in different colors. 


Okay, so I assumed strappy black heels would be easy to find. This was definitely not the case. I found strappy black wedges, but not with a stiletto heel. The J.Crew wedge is close, but I don't really love patent leather. In some cases, I love it, but not this one. 

And because I'm not thrilled with those wedges, I wanted to show you some flats that I lurrrrrve. 


Much better!!! They are available in citron, and I'm just imagining how stunning they would look on my foot. Is that weird? Probably so.

Because these looks are from Spring/Summer, I wanted to show you guys some Fall love.

There was a smidge of high drama fabulousness...


...and the remainder was black leather and tulle that took my breath away.


Ba-nanas. Beyond ba-na-nas. I love Rachel Zoe's speech patterns!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment